Northern New England Norton Owners
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: NENO Girl!

NENO Girl! 24 Aug 2016 06:50 #2

• gocommando
  • Thank you received: 12
when do we meet her? for recruiting, how 'bout bumpah stickahs/widow decals. These work for everything else: favorite vacation spot, running marathons (26.2), college(s) kid(s) are attending, etc. Maybe we can have "my NORTON is smarter than your honor student ". plenty of HARLEY decals out there-NORTON (NENO) would sure get lots of EXPOSURE -which brings the conversation back to the NORTON girl....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

NENO Girl! 25 Aug 2016 22:06 #3

• mikethgreek
  • Thank you received: 7
Just had a brief (1/2 hour) discussion with Jim regarding this idea Since speaking to him originally I thought it might be a good idea to have a contest, where members submit a picture of a girl they know (wife, girlfriend, sister, daughter, niece, neighbor, friend etc...) in a pose reminiscent of the Norton girl ads, Deadline for submissions would be October 30th and the winner would be picked by anonymous vote at the Christmas party, with a cash prize awarded ($200?). Jim liked the idea, but he likes his idea better, so I figure we could put it to the members at next month's meeting and see which way the wind blows. My daughter-in-law has agreed to be my model if it is a low-key contest so you guys will have a high bar to meet, if I can get my bike somewhat assembled by then! I can't make it next month but will submit my proposal for Mike Friel to present. Jim says he will be there to present his side.
Mike P

NENO Girl! 26 Aug 2016 08:10 #4

• gocommando
  • Thank you received: 12
so i'll be in NC and will miss next meeting-but please clarify if bone stock NORTON has to used or?? (mine has drilled rotors and mikuni-so can i participate?

NENO Girl! 26 Aug 2016 16:18 #5

• swampdawg
  • Thank you received: 1
Heading off trouble... Have the wives been consulted?

40 mi north of Atlanta. 300 mi north of Okefenokee swamp. Producer of Daytona Bike Week Campground, Swap Meet and Burning Bike. bikeweekcampground.com burningbike.com

NENO Girl! 26 Aug 2016 22:04 #6

• mikethgreek
  • Thank you received: 7
After due consideration today I've changed my mind. Jim's pretty passionate as to how it's his idea so as far as I'm concerned it's his baby. Lord knows I've got enough to do.
Mike P

NENO Girl! 26 Aug 2016 23:54 #7

• jimvann
  • jimvann's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Guys,

I think that this NENO Girl idea is a good one. I think Mike's idea of a contest has merit too, but I am concerned that it puts another layer of complexity on a rather simple project. Maybe we can have a contest next time if the NENO Girl project gets repeated.

This is what I have in mind:
*Get the bike/s together with the girl.
*Take some good pictures (quality professional pictures, no cellphone shots). I have a professional photographer that will do the shoot for free BTW (he rode a Commando S back in 1970).
*Gather the 3 or 4 of the best shots to run by the members at a meeting. If the gang likes the results; we have our NENO girl!!!

What we do with the NENO girl photos is up for debate. At a minimum we circulate the photos and make the other INOA chapters jealous. They would have to respond with Norton Girls of their own.

One thing is clear; beauty is beautiful! You gotta have art! I am an artist!!!

The original Norton Girls ads were art. The NENO Girl will be too!

My thinking is to use mint OE stock Norton/s if possible to lend continuity with the original Norton Girl ads. I’d like to start the project off with OE motorcycles. Later, if we go for a round 2 can use modified bikes.

By OE stock Nortons I mean OE paint, pipes, seat, handle bars, fenders, etc., etc. Post a picture if you have bike that might qualify.

We are going to do this. More details will be forthcoming.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.024 seconds